Mablethorpe Seal Life Sanctuary & Wildlife Centre

by - 20:40:00


Mablethorpe has always been, and always will be my favourite place to be. My happy place. 
One of my fondest memories from when I was young, was visiting the Mablethorpe Seal Life Sanctuary & Wildlife Centre. I was lucky enough to go back this year, and introduce Ben to this beautiful, magical place. 


I'll be honest, I don't fully remember the animal centre - the Seal Sanctuary was all I can muster up the memories for, and even those are vague. It almost felt like, although I had been there before, I was seeing everything with fresh eyes. After all, it had been at least 18 years since my last visit. 


The Mablethorpe Seal Sanctuary has rescued hundreds of injured and orphaned seals since it opened in 1974.
The seals are looked after until they can be released back into the wild. For those unable to return, The Seal Sanctuary offers a permanent home, doing all it can to give these wonderful creatures a contented existence.


They have a wide variety of rescued animals including Primates, Reptiles, Birds of Prey, Meerkats, Aviary Birds and their loveable Seals.


The original seal hospital, which was opened in 1989, has now become too small to accommodate the large number of seals which the Sanctuary rescues every year.
As well as conservation, education also plays an important part of the Seal Sanctuary's role in the community and visitors will find the natural history projects both fascinating and inspirational. Two walk through features take a journey back in time.


Alongside their tourist attraction Mablethorpe Wildlife Rescue funds the rescue and care of hundreds of seals and sea birds. You can read about Mablethorpe Wildlife Rescue, their Seal Pools and the Seal and Wildlife Hospital on the Mablethorpe Wildlife Rescue website.


This beautiful place serves a special place in my heart, and deserves any donations it can get! The link to their donations page is here. I have a direct debit set up from PayPal to take a donation every month. I know it's not much, but anything will help fund this amazing place for wildlife and injured seals. 

You May Also Like

0 comments