Blogmas Day Seven: Favourite Christmas Candles

by - 08:00:00

Anyone else a 'secret scenty?'. It's a phrase I tend to catch myself saying a lot to justify my unhealthy spending of candles, reed diffusers and was melts. I'm always the first to go for a sweet smell. There's something about it that makes me feel all warm and cosy and comfortable. It gets a little harder in the summer, when all I want to burn is 'Christmas Cookie & Cinnamon' but I've been told it needs to be freshy and airy! Nah, I'm all for the sweet and yummy scents! After a little trip through town last week, I found a few of my absolute favourites from last year! I was so happy, I may have over bought - but then, can you ever really over buy candles?


The first is 'Pumpkin Waffles' scented candle by Essence. This is a brand specifically known by B&M in the UK. Last year they had the same candles, and I only bought one! So this year I fully stocked up and nabbed myself three. Pumpkin Waffle is incredibly sweet, with a strong golden syrup and pumpkin scent - just like hot pancakes! It was also a bargain at £3.99.



Again, from B&M, the 'Autumn' scented candle has a warm, rich scent. Its not as sweet as the other candles, but has a comforting cinnamon smell, with added hints of fresh autumn morning. I imagine this scent to be perfect in the bedroom, for a relaxing evening cosied up watching some cute Christmas film and drinking hot chocolate! This is also £3.99.



The last of the trio from B&M, is the 'Marshmallow Fireside' scent. Again, this one is quite sweet, but not as intense as Pumpkin Waffle. There is obviously a large scent of marshmallow, but with added hints of sugar and chocolate. Whilst burning, it releases a smell that can only make you feel more christmassy and ready for the festive period! This was also £3.99.



Poundland and Pound World are always great places to find cheap candles, as long as they smell nice! I came across these randomly when browsing, and they smell incredible. The candle is relatively small, so the '24 hr burning time' is a tad optimistic! However, the scent is so strong when lit that you probably wouldn't want to burn this for longer then 2-3 hours at a time. This was super cheap at just £1!



Another from Pound World, was the 'Apple & Cinnamon' scent. This, again is very strong smelling and you wouldn't want to burn it for too long! However, it has a mix of sweet, warm and fresh scents. This would be perfect for burning on a cosy Christmas evening, in front of the tele, fairy lights on the tree, and a relaxing programme (like me now, watching Blue Planet!). It is the perfect scent for a cosy night.



My final two favourites are no longer with me, because Ben burnt them before I managed to get good enough photos, so this is all I have left! Again, Apple & Cinnamon and Gingerbread scents. However, these were not as powerful. The scent is just as you'd expect, and when you're burning it you can smell them beautifully, but the scent isn't over powering. These were a bargain from Wilkos at just £1 each!




What's your favourite scent? Do you prefer fresh or sweet? Let me know!



You May Also Like

0 comments