Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes!

by - 20:06:00

Welcome to 2018! Did you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year?
I'm back with a bang and more determined than ever to make this year my best yet!

Have you planned anything exciting this year? I've got lots to look forward to and can't wait to get this year going.

I have made a video explaining all my important changes for 2018, which will be live on my channel on Saturday! But I thought i'd also do a short post listing my "18 Things for 2018!" here.


1. Lose 3 Stone
2017 saw me lose a grand total of two stone! Which is amazing considering I didn't put my heart and soul into it, and only really stuck to my diet plan and exercise about 60% of the year! I am more determined this year, especially when I know I can do it!

2. Gym three times a week
To go with the first one, I aim to go to the gym three times a week - minimum! I know that exercise works, and is essentially the key to my weight loss. I will be doing a monthly update here on my blog, so if you want to follow my journey, make sure you follow me!

3. Drink more water
Again, I need to drink more water! I started 2017 drinking two litres a day easy! However, as the months went on, I got lazier and found myself barely drinking any water by September/October. I intend on drinking two litres a day! It will benefit my skin, and it will help my weight loss journey tremendously.

4. Pass my driving test
My test is booked! I'm keeping the date a secret, so I don't disappoint anyone if I fail. I am feeling quite confident so far, so here's hoping I pass!


5. Spend less money
I need to focus on saving this year. There are so many things I want to save for, the issue is spending money. I love to waste money on sweets, fizzy drinks and coffees. I have aimed to cut all of this out in the hopes I can save this year. I would like to buy a new laptop, and save for a few little holidays this year!

6. Upload once a week
Last year I neglected my YouTube channel a lot! This year, I am more confident in my job, and I know what time I have spare, so I am dedicated to uploading once a week, on Saturdays!

7. Two blogposts a week
To go with my video uploads, I also want to keep up the content on my blog. I don't have a big following (or any following for that matter!), however I do genuinely enjoy writing for this blog, so I would like to keep it up to date.

8. Eat breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I never eat breakfast, and then wonder why I crave sugar all day. I am making an effort to make time for breakfast every morning, as this will keep me on track for a more productive day.

9. Have more me time
I'd like to take more time for me. I love to plan, and have so far dedicated a Friday night to myself! Whether that's a movie, a bath bomb and a face mask, anything I find relaxing! I need to take more time for myself to stop myself getting too worked up and stressed.

10. Go on more short breaks
This all depends on the 'passing my driving test' thing.  I'd like to take Ben away a few times this year, to Brighton, Lincolnshire, Swanage and Southend. It means a lot for us to be able to go away, just us two!

11. Be more confident
I need to start focusing on being more confident in myself. I have a habit of covering myself  up in clothes that are too big, with my hair up and some glasses. I should be grateful for the body I have, and should flaunt what I've got!

12. Keep growing my hair
I worked really hard on growing my hair last year, and would like to continue this year! It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would, but I am really struggling with the thickness at such a shot length. I'm hoping it will get easier and better to manage.

13. Focus on self love
Just like the confidence thing, I need to learn to love myself. I love to put myself down all the time, but am very hesitant to compliment myself and knock myself down. I should focus on my assets, not my flaws.

14. Do more things with Ben
Although I live with Ben, I wouldn't say we spend time together. We do the same things each night, and occasionally it would be nice to step out of our comfort zones and do something a bit different. For us, that could be the cinema, a meal out, or a random drive somewhere!

15. Take more photos
I love to live in the moment, but my memory isn't great. I'd like to take more photos of fun adventures and days out, to remember the fun I had!

16. Put more effort into my work
I'm taking on more responsibility at work as of tomorrow! Its super scary but will be so rewarding, that I know I'll love it! I want to really focus on my work this year and be the best I can be!

17. Buy less coffees
To go with spending less money, I need to buy less coffees! I worked out that on average each month, I bought a coffee three times a week, that's an average of £9 a week, which works out to £38 a month...a year? That's £456!! If I do want a store bought coffee, I will be treating myself to one a week ONLY.

18. Stay focused and determined
And finally, to stay focused and determined. Even while writing this, I find myself getting distracted and deterring myself from this. I am trying! Having a plan and staying on track makes all the difference, and I am determined to succeed this year!




You May Also Like

0 comments